Welcome!!!

~Welcome to my blog~
This blog will be a reflection on the exciting events and activities that occur in Miss Miller's 2nd grade class!!!
Please feel free to post comments! ENJOY!!!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Classroom

I have been in the same classroom, Room 9 for the past three years. It was my first and only classroom I've ever had. I have gotten use to my room, it was "mine" or so I thought. I found out last week that I will be moving to a new classroom. Not only me, but almost every teacher in my school. As you can imagine, it was pure chaos. The administration decided that each grade level needed to be closer together. To complete this task, we got a new classroom assignment. I will now be located at the end of the 1st grade hallway, along with all the other 2nd grade teachers. This will be a big adjustment because my new classroom is alot smaller than my old classroom. There is also limited storage space. On the plus side, I have carpet in my new room. :) I am sad to leave my old room, but I am excited for the opportunity to redecorate my new room. I have already moved almost all of my stuff to my new room, but I will have to come in throughout the summer to get it organized and ready for the next school year.

2 comments:

  1. I've had 3 classrooms in 3 years so I know how much of a pain it can be! It will all work out and this is a good way to get rid of junk in your room! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate Shannon, After three years in the same room I will be moving classrooms and grades. My new room is going to be smaller with less storage space (My old room had a seperate storage closet, no other classroom has this wonderful luxury!!!) But I am using this summer to create a new theme for my room and I have found tons of classroom decorating idea on pintrest.com (my new favorite website!!!). So, embrace the change and use it as a way to reinvent Mrs. Millers wonderful secon grade classroom!!!

    ReplyDelete