Welcome!!!

~Welcome to my blog~
This blog will be a reflection on the exciting events and activities that occur in Miss Miller's 2nd grade class!!!
Please feel free to post comments! ENJOY!!!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spring is on it's way!!!

Today was Groundhog Day. I had two students, one in 4th grade and one in 5th grade that shadowed me today. The students stayed with my class the entire day and were able to see how we do things in 2nd grade.

We learned about the history of Groundhog Day. I learned a lot about Puxatony Phil from the website, www.groundhog.org. This website was great because it had a video of the actual ceremony where Phil comes out to see his shadow. Today, Phil did not see his shadow, so that means that spring is on its way.

We also did several activities on the promethean board with groundhogs. The students really enjoyed learning about Groundhog Day and the celebration that occurs in Pennsylvania. They also thought it was neat that two other students came to shadow their teacher. I love when we can tie in holidays or events into the curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment